Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sometimes Good Deeds Pay Off In The Long Run, But Sometimes Right Away

I've been having problems with one of my tires ever since my special lady got a flat. We had it fixed at a garage for cheap, but every fill up I gotta top it off. It loses about 20% of it's air every 150 miles. I couldn't fill it last fill up cause they didn't have an air hose, so this time it was down to 130 out of 300(!). That's a lot; I was sad.

When I was done there was a car waiting behind me for the air hose. On my way to the drivers seat a lady stopped me to ask if I thought her tire needs air. Definitely I said. I could have said Obviously you brainless blond bimbo, cause that's how flat it was, but I'm too nice for that unless somebody doesn't know how to drive. Well, I guess she doesn't know how to drive, but at least she didn't get in my way.

Anyway, she asked me to please do it for her, because she doesn't know how. Okay. I move my car and she pulls up. It was so flat I couldn't even read the pressure prescription on the side of the tire. I got it off the other side, it was 350, well above my tires. When I applied the air hose and it read where the tire was at, it was only 40! That's way worse than mine! So I felt good not only for doing a good deed, but also be my tire problem is nothing compared to her tire problem.

No comments:

This is my counter: