Sunday, February 19, 2006

The longest conversation I ever had

I just talked to Peanut, friend for 15 years, in the best friend group for 10 years, for 27 minutes. We hadn't spoken for a year and a half, and emails have been sporadic. It was very fun to hear he's doing super well, and to hear a bit about others...."Some things never change," we decided. Others... "Wow."

It's funny because I just had a conversation about real men and phone calls with my special lady, in which I quoted this phone call:

[Phone ringing]
Quagmire: Hello?
Peter Griffin: Hey, Quagmire.
Quagmire: Hey, Peter. What's up?
Peter Griffin: Not much.
Quagmire: Well, what do you want?
Peter Griffin: Nothin'. I'm just calling to talk.
Peter Griffin: What you thinking about?
Quagmire: What do you mean? You called me!
Peter Griffin: I just wanted to say hi.
Peter Griffin: So, what are you...
[click]

My claim was that real men don't call anybody just to talk. Even when a man calls his lover it's actually to make sure she's safe, I claimed, whether he know's it or not.

Can I still be correct despite my subsequent conversation with Peanut? I called him via Skypeout, so it's really practically more like an audio instant message, and only cost me 49 euro cents, right? Right?! Come on!

4 comments:

special lady said...

na, siaip Tavo siandieniniai argumentai apie skambucius anuliavosi, Vyryti :)

Aras said...

i haven't seen that one rachel. i haven't seen any family guy past the third season, and i've only seen the third season as much as it was on television. that sounds highlarious though!

Trashcan said...

i would say that you have nothing to worry about, because you in fact did not skype him "just to talk" at least certainly not in the sense used in family guy. If you haven't talked to someone in that long, talking to them is a necassary means of garnering information about what may be going on in his life as well as the lives of all the other common friends you have. That's like saying when you are looking something up in the encyclopedia, you are reading the encyclopedia just to read.

Aras said...

nice trashcan, good analysis...in your face special lady! :D

This is my counter: