Saturday, February 11, 2006

Physiological liquid

Sontact solution, that is to say, Contact solution, is very expensive in Lithuania, the cheapest I can find is 114 lits/liter ($154/gallon). However, my mother once told me she was able to find reasonably priced contact solution by visiting every pharmacy in Kaunas. I thought I better try it myself in Klaipeda, because walking around is better than working. This little hole in the wall place I went to, when I asked them for contact solution, they offered me "physiological liquid." I was like, "this is for contact lense storage?" "Sure." "It probably doesn't clean them though, right?" "No, but people keep their lenses in it." The price was less than one tenth of contact solution. "Well," I told her, "I've gotta give this a try!"

So anybody that wants me to see her again ever better hurry up and send me some photos, cause tonight my lenses go in the shit, tomorrow they go back on my eyeballs, and God only knows what will happen!

5 comments:

Aras said...

i've stored mine is shot glasses too, or in beer caps. in contact solution or saliva, though, not vodka, which would surely burn your eyes out!

Liepa said...

if the contact solution works well, you should get me a box too, and i'll come visit you in klaipeda to get it!

wooooooo family reunion in klaipeda

Aras said...

i invited gedas and juste for a visit on the 25th. that's my last exam. you can come the night before (cause the exam is saturday)if you want but no binge drinking until saturday :D

if they drive that'd be the most comfortable, to make it a foursome.

mrdarius said...

i think what you got is just saline solution. it's the same deal over here in the states. you can either buy the expensive bausch and lomb stuff that supposedly does everything for your lenses or just the saline solution. the price ratio is only like 4:1 though.

i had someone in lithuania offer me physiological fluid for dried out contacts once. i did the trick better than any visine i'd ever used.

Aras said...

well i'll have to give it a try, i forgot to over the half weekend. i thought i better try it this morning so i'd have something to comment about here on my blog, but appentently it takes some effort to open the package, you gotta like puncture it with an instrument or something. and who the fuck has time for that before work?!?!

This is my counter: