Thursday, February 02, 2006

I'm a workaholic, but you wouldn't know it from looking at me or my work

So yesterday I handed in my Education Law paper, half document comparison and half pokyčių/kaitos analizė. I had to write it in Lithuanian so now I'm in Lithuanian mode and can't remember what that means in English. something about the particulars of change and development.

Also yesterday I started reading Capitalism and Freedom : Fortieth Anniversary Edition by Milton Friedman, which I have to write a judgement free 10 page book report on by Monday. Also in Lithuanian, which as most of you can probably imagine, is slightly more time consuming for me, and by slightly, I mean at least double.

The plan is (was) 40 pages per day of reading and two pages per day of writing. The reading is no problem. Reading in English and simultaneously summarizing without paraphrasing in Lithuanian takes slightly longer than I expected, and this time by slightly, I mean quadruple.

So I work late and wake up at five and take a full dose of my meds, which I haven't done in at least two years, and I'm almost on schedule, actually, though now I can't tell the difference between the onion and the new york times anymore, but I don't have time for them anyway! :D

Also I'm drinking more coffee than usual (usual is 4-6 cups per day):D:D:D

In other news I'm going to a conference in Sweden!

2 comments:

Liepa said...

i can't wait till i'm busy again!

Aras said...

yeah being busy is the best. well, at least the second best.

wait what am i saying? i'm talking nonsense.

what i mean is, being busy is the best as long as you're not so busy to don't manage to do a good job on everything. i hate that, but that's exactly how my masters studies are.

This is my counter: